Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Post-high school plans, inshallah.

Bismilla eraman erahim

In about 2 weeks I will be finishing high school inshallah.I have a few plans, but not too many. Even though I would much rather be a stay-at-home wife I am going to get a college education for a variety of reasons. First, my family would have heart attacks if I didn't and second because I see women who don't have a college education and who have no skills and I just wonder what they would do if their husband died. How would they provide for their families? Inshallah I will never be in a situation like that but I would rather have a back up plan. I will be attending Montana State University and majoring in pre-medicine and minoring in teaching Spanish. I'm pretty excited about going to college. Inshallah I will get to meet people that have similar values to mine. In addition to Sthe classes required for my degree I will also be taking Arabic classes. Unfortunatly MSU Bozeman doesn't offer a degree in Arabic.
:( It's OK though, I am going to try to go on a study abroad trip sophmore year so I can practice Arabic while studying in Cairo.
I'm really excited to go to Cairo. I might actually try to go there this winter over Christmas vacation too. Why do I want to spend so much time in Cairo? A)because Saudi Arabia won't let a single woman in the country and B)I have a fiance there. His name is Mohamed Aboud. He's a 28 year old doctor in Cairo. We met on a Muslim matromonial site lalst summer. We've been engaged on and off since last Ramadan, but we broke up for a short time this spring. Alhumdulilah we just got back together recently though. My plan is to go to Cairo this winter to see Mohamed and then when I go there for the study abroad trip we can get married inshallah. I am hoping to start wearing full niqab after Mohamed and I get married. He's not making me do it, I want to do it. I want to be sure that no man other than him gets to enjoy me. I might not wear it all the time though, just when I'm around men I don't know. Personally I don't care if my male friends see my face, they are respectful and wouldn't be thinking improper thoughts about me after I get married but strangers might.
As for now, I will just be wearing an abaya and hijab at all times inshallah. And khimars. I have kinda fallen in love with khimars. LOL. I like the idea of no one being able to see my shape at all, even my arms and hands would be hidden from veiw unless I went to reach for something lol.
Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment