Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's almost over!

I graduate from high school in 5 days. First allow me to take a minute or two to scream about how nervous I am for the real world and after that allow me an hour or two to cry about how I'm going to miss my friends!

(3 hours later)
I finally have my life figured out alhumdulilah. I want to be a homemaker. But, I also don't want to have to depend on my husband to support me financially. I mean, he'll pay all the bills and stuff but I don't want to have to wait for his debit card (i mean him, i swear i'm not a gold digger lol jk!) to come home from work in  order to take me to the grocery store or do some other equally menial task that I would rather accomplish before he gets home so that we can spend the evening together. I want to be able to earn a little bit of money for myself. I think that in college I will study computer science or something like that so that maybe I can set up some sort of website so that I can earn money  but still be at home. In theory, a website wouldn't take up too much time and even if it did, i can multi-task by doing laundry or running the dishwasher while I'm working on the website. Personally, I think that I can run a website and still call myself a homemaker. I'm thinking that maybe I would start a match-making website specifically for Muslims. I'm not sure though. It seems like there are a lot of those. Maybe I'll sell stuff on eBay, i don't know. 
I'm also going to study Spanish and Arabic in college so I might give language lessons. That could be fun. I could charge $10 per hour and inshallah make enough money to buy things that  I want. I know that it is the husband's duty in Islam to support his wife but I don't want to have to ask Mohamed to buy me anything that cuold be deemed "un-needed (such as clothes, books, and other things like that.) I want to be able to buy those things for myself which is why I want to earn at least a little money but I don't want to actually work outside the home. I feel like I am supposed to be in the home for a variety of reasons. I want to spend my time taking care of Mohamed and the family that we will eventually have. i want to make sure they have a comfortable life. I want to eliminate any need to interact with non-maharam men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment