Monday, June 7, 2010

I got kicked out of my house

Yup, it's true. I got kicked out. I am currently living with my friend in Bozeman but I don't know what I will do for permanent housing. I know that I will be able to find Muslim's who will let me stay with them which is good.

This changes all of my plans. Here's why. OK,so me and my fiance had at one time been broken up for a while. We are obviously  back together now but we only got back together becasue the opportunity presented itself and we thought that it must have been what Allah wanted. Now, back when we first met our plan had been that i would go to Egypt and we would get married. That changed because i thought that I would have to go to college to fulfill familial expectations. now, I don't have to worry about those expectations and the chance to go to cairo is here. this must mean that Allah wants me in Cairo and married to Mohamed. In addition to that, since I  came out of the homemaking closet (haha) I don't want to go to college.  I know that it is an Islamic duty to get an education and I will take classes, maybe just not a full education, you know? I really don't know anymore.
My whole world was turned upside-down. it sucks.

3 comments:

  1. what about costa rica? I commented on this post on your other blog, but I just wanted to add that being a student/homemaker isn't too seperate things. I am very traditional,love homemaking, cooking etc and God willing will be getting married soon. He is also studying. There isno reason why we can't do both. TRust me once you stop studying you never get around to "taking some classes." Also is Mohammed studying? And if he is studying in the US, how will you live in Cairo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be care of Men that hunt western woman for green cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry :(

    At least now you don't have to fulfill the family's expectations!

    My homemaking heart wants so badly to get married so that I don't have to be forced to go to college. Now it's not only my parents that want me to go to college, it's also the insurance company! If I don't go, I'm off the plan :(

    But like you, I'll just take a few classes here and there at a community college. Enough to keep me on the plan at least.

    I'll keep you in my prayers! It must be a confusing time for you!

    ReplyDelete